Woori America bank prides itself in providing remittance services that are expected by our customers. Woori America Bank offers one of the most affordable remittance fees in the market and provides the fastest services available in making sure your funds are transferred without any disruption. Woori America Bank connects more than 850 branches of Woori Bank in Korea and 420 global networks of 26 countries around the world, with 19 branches and 5 LPO in 10 states of the United States.Features and Benefits
- Safe and accurate remittance in the United States and internationally.
- Cheaper remittance fee through online Banking Service.
|Region||In Person at Branch Remittance Fee (Through Bank Teller)||Online Remittance Fee|
- If you want to change any information after completing your application, fees and limits may apply.
- Internet banking wire transfer transaction must be completed before 4PM(EST)
- Internet banking wire transfer transaction daily limit is $15,000.
Online Remittance Instruction
- Apply for Woori Internet Banking
- Go to Woori America Bank Homepage (www.wooriamericabank.com)
- Log In Woori Internet Banking
- Click on “Transfer" in the upper tab
- Click on “E-wire" on the bottom menu to open the remittance request form
- To provide an accurate service, please fill out all the required fields in the form
- Confirmation will be sent to your email on the day of the service (Only if remitted before 4:00 PM (EST))
- Internet domestic and international wire transfer is subject to phone verification, especially first time user and beneficiary. Please complete your application with reachable contact phone number. If we can’t reach you, the remittance will be canceled to protect your account information.
How can I use the remittance service?
All customers who have Woori America Bank Account can use the Online Banking.
How long it will take to receive the wire transfer?
- To Woori Bank Korea accounts: 5-24 hours.
- To other bank accounts in Korea: about 3 days.
- To bank accounts in USA: 24 hours.
- To bank accounts in other countries except South Korea: 3-5 days.
What is the maximum amount I can wire transfer?
You can send the wire transfer up to the sum total of $15,000.
How can I be sure that the wire transfer is well sent?
If all the required fields are filled out in the request form and remittance is completed, confirmation email will be sent to the customers. (Only if remitted before 4:00 PM (EST)).
Where is E-wire button?
E-wire button can be found in the Transfer tab.
Do I need to fill out all * required fields on the remittance request form?
Yes, every required field should be filled out correctly. Remittance sent from a business account must also fill out personal information for the business originator. (MUST be written in English).
Can I still make remittances if my primary ID, which was used when opening an account, is expired?
If any information of your ID is changed or your ID is expired, please visit your nearest Woori America Bank branch to receive a ID and use the remittance service again.
Does my account automatically close when my balance reaches $0 after the remittance?
When your balance reaches $0, your account will be blocked temporarily and in certain circumstances, can be closed by the bank.
Do I have to provide the recipient bank's swift code or ABA Number when making a remittance?
- South Korea, only the name of the recipient's bank is needed.
- Other countries except South Korea, the name of the recipient's bank and the Swift Code of that bank are needed.
- Domestic bank accounts, the name of the recipient's bank and ABA number of that bank are needed.
- Other Woori America Bank accounts (Free), Swift Code and ABA Number are not need.
Where do I put the Beneficiary’s phone number?
The phone number should be in the field where you put the beneficiary address.
Sample of Online Remittance Service Screen
Procedure: Log in > Transfers > eWires
For more information, please call customer service at 1-888-MyWoori (699-6674) or contact us online.Contact Us